Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Me and my life!

I've titlted this blog because I have got ot move on. Have you ever just been stuck in a place of pain and suffering? I have been in it for about a month. I just recently broke up with my girlfriend of 5 years. So painful. At 40 you think your life is set...and in my case set - not happy - just set. Had a place to live, had some pets, had a decent job and had someone in my life. Looking at the bigger picture who cares if I liked the apartment but longed to live in SF, who cares if I had a cat that is autistic and I barely got any sleep at night, and who cares if I had someone in my life that had stopped caring about me and cheated on me long before the breakup. Right? Why is longevity so important - is quality better than quantity?? My parents are celebrating their 50th anniversay - where did I learn that being together no matter what was more important than being happy? Who knew? Then again I sometimes think that maybe I just don't deserve to be happy. Not too sure where that came from either. Ah - such is life. With breakup comes therapy, work outs and lots of wine. This really (once again) is the first day of the rest of my life!

No comments: