Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bruised ego....

I don't know why I am feeling this way today. I want to say I am a little depressed because the girls I like are not calling me back, but I think it is more than that. I think I have a bruised ego. I sit here sometimes and think about what I did or what I said - did I do something wrong, did I call too soon, or not soon enough - Did I call too often or not enough times. I think the not knowing part is what kills me. It's like going to an interview and thinking that was an awesome interview, I think they liked me and then never hearing from them about the job. Sometimes feedback is so important and necessary. At least in a job situation you can call the employer and ask - but calling the girl - well that's a tad bit stalkish don't you think. It's just that I'd like to know. I mean I think I can handle it - someone telling me "Well I'm just not into you" - Ha! I think I can handle it, but who in their right mind would be that honest and for that matter be that forthright. I would hope that I would. I have had several girls tell me that they were interested or had crushes on me and I have been straight forward and said thanks and that I am flattered, but I didn't feel the same way. They still want to hang out and be friends. That's good old honesty for you. Women I think suck at it. They don't want to hurt peoples feelings. But don't you think not saying anything is more hurtful....I'm just saying.

No comments: